The 4th Language Creation Conference will be held May 14-15, 2011 at the Infrahuis Noord in Groningen, the Netherlands.
Plan to arrive Friday, May 13th if you'd like to participate in informal pre-conference gatherings and outings.
Hotel and other info is on the local information page.
If you're on Facebook, add yourself to the event here.
To register by PayPal, just pick below. For member-discounted pricing, please join first!
You can also pay by cash, check, or PayPal at the door.
If cost is an issue for you, just let us know at the door and contribute what you can.
[Note: By default, you will be added to a discussion list comprising other LCC4 attendees. If you would NOT like to be added to this list, please click on the "Add" link where it says "Add special instructions to the seller" and indicate that you would not like to be added to the LCC4 attendees discussion list.]
Otherwise, send a check payable to Language Creation Society, and indicating for whom you are buying tickets, to:
Language Creation Society c/o David Peterson
P.O. Box 6235
Garden Grove, CA 92846-6235
[Note: If you mail a check, please include an e-mail address where you can be contacted for confirmation!]
Then, please email with the following information:
- What should other attendees come up and talk to you about?
- What is your website (if any)?
- Would you like to participate in the LCC4 Relay?
- Details of your talk or other presentation, if giving one (see below)
- If you are a member of the press, what are your affiliations?
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions beyond being vegitarian (we will have a vegitarian option by default, but will need to know about other dietary restrictions). We will accommodate any diet. To help us do so, it would be great if you could let us know about your individual concerns in advance.
Presentations and other events
The LCC4 is hosting five types of events:
- Traditional, full-length talks (~45 min) that address some point of interest to conlangers.
- Shorter talks (< 15 min) that describe what's neat about your own conlang or other work.
- Posters, that contain anything of interest to conlangers (and will have a special poster session for low-stress sharing).
- Tutorials and workshops, which can be up to 2 hours long, and teach something relating to conlangs or linguistics in a hands-on fashion.
- Unconference sessions, which provide loose, semi-structured frameworks for group discussion.
If you are interested in participating, please email and see our call for papers!
We welcome members of the press and will actively assist you in researching a story about conlangs or conlangers. Please see our press page for details and links.
Press registration is the same as for any other attendee, but we ask that you identify yourself publicly and briefly let the audience know your affiliation(s) and what you are working on.